Being our first time to Helsinki, we wanted to stay somewhere that was centrally located and within walking distance to shops, sites and restaurants. After a quick search, we decided on the beautiful Klaus K hotel, which is a member of the popular Design Hotels™ group. With a mix of both style and sophistication, inspiration behind the design comes from Finland’s national epic, Kalevala.
Guest rooms come both in traditional standard rooms or specialty rooms for those looking for something a bit more fun during their stay. We opted for the standard room, as we hadn’t planned on spending much time in the room. Although quite small, the room offered everything needed for us to enjoy our stay. Comfortable queen size bed, free WiFi, safe, minibar and a bathroom with shower and tub.
Specialty rooms include:
- The Movie Room – Designed by Harri Koskinen, who is a Pro Finlandia medal-winning Finnish designer. This room is designed for those who wish to enjoy a movie or game console with a high quality sound system.
- The Art Suite – Designed by Katja Tukiainen, a well known Finnish artist and cartoonist. Bright floral colours, oversized murals and a sense of dreaming, this room brings you back to your childhood. Enjoy a welcome package in your room with Pink Champagne, specialty chocolates and a welcome card from Katja Tukiainen.
- Urban Nature – Designed by Harri Koskinen. This room brings elements of nature and simplicity together with minimal decor, neutral colours and transparent glass between the bedroom and bathroom.
For those staying on the 7th floor in one of the hotel suites, the rooftop lounge is available for you. Offering stunning views over the city, this is the perfect place to wind down after an afternoon out on the town.
This 24hr fitness centre offers a range of cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights, to ensure you get the perfect workout in. We did try to check out the spa facilities, however were told the spa is sourced from an outside company and unfortunately weren’t able to get in.
Klaus K has a reputation for one of the best breakfast’s in Helsinki, so it was a must to check out. Although the main restaurant ‘Toscanini’ an Italian inspired restaurant was closed for renovations during our stay, we were able to check out breakfast on our first morning.
- Breakfast – Located in the main lobby area, buffet breakfast consists of fresh, healthy products with a range of hot and cold items to choose from. Items include house baked breads, cold cuts & cheeses, local fish, homemade sweets (brownies, cakes, cookies), plus a range of gluten free items. Cost is 25€/ person and is open Mon-Fri 6:30am-10am and Sat-Sun 7:30am-11am.
- Klaus Bar & Lounge – stylish Italian style bar, serving Italian snacks and beverages between 4pm – 1am.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Complimentary WiFi
- Fully equipped fitness centre (open 24hrs)
- Non Smoking hotel
- Buffet Breakfast
- Rooftop Terrace (accessible for those staying on the 7th floor only)