This is truly the city that never sleeps! Bright lights, the smell of street meat & the unbroken sound of sirens are all an unquestionable sign you have landed in the “big apple”. With so much to see and do, each visit to NYC is a experience in itself. Both visits we have made together were more unique than the last.
If you’re visiting for the first time and only have a few days, the best way to get around and see the most (for the cheapest price) would be to grab a Hop On, Hop Off 2 day ticket and let the iconic red double decker bus show you the city. It runs around the $60 price point, but literally stops at all the best locations to see everything in 2 days, and they offer day and night tours to see the city at all hours.
If shopping is a must, then NYC is your heaven! Think one extreme to the other; Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci to the fake Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, and everything in between. NYC shopping is perfect for any price point you might have. Each neighborhood has their own niche on what they offer. There’s 5th Ave., SoHo, Canel Street, The East Village or Greenwich Village just to name a few.
A few of my favourite must see while in NYC are:
- Take a stroll through Central Park – Even in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the big city, you can spend the afternoon at total peace in this natural gem.
- Magnolia Bakery & The West Village – Tree lined cobblestone streets bring you back to the 19th century. Magnolia Bakery is a must visit! If you have the patients to wait in the line extending out the front door, you will taste some of the BEST cupcakes the city has to offer!
- The Chrysler Building – Opt for the ‘Top of the Rock’ instead of the Empire State Building. You’ll get a much better view of the city (and for cheaper!) and you’ll get an amazing view of the Empire State Building itself.
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade – See the breathtaking NYC skyline from a completely different view. (photo shown above)
- Meatpacking District – For a great night out, head to any of the bars here and I promise you won’t be disappointed. Just make sure you’re ready to stand in line.
- Street Meat – 53rd & 6th – The Halal Guys – BEST street meat in the city!