The big apple is one of our favourite places to spend a few days on our way through to Canada. We’ve always stayed in the heart of Times Square, however this time, I wanted to stay a bit further out of the hustle & bustle and get a true understanding of the local lifestyle. After a bit of research, we decided on 11 Howard’s, a stunning innovative Scandinavian style hotel located in the fashionable SoHo district. Part of the Design Hotel chain, these properties are known for pushing the boundaries on what we consider luxury, whilst staying true to the local surroundings.
Each of the 213 guest rooms offer 11 foot high ceilings, views of the New York skyline, light oak floors, custom-crafted furniture, and bamboo rugs. I love the attention to detail including the ceramic wall sculptures and copper light fixtures to create a simple yet chic room.
The bathrooms are stunning with brass fixtures and light marble counter tops. An open concept vanity creates the modern look the hotel has created throughout. Amenities include Grown alchemist, which is an organic award winning brand that is available for guests to enjoy.
When it comes to restaurants and bars, New York is spoilt with places to go. However, if you prefer to stay in, 11 Howard have a few amazing options available to enjoy.
- Library – Located on the 2nd floor, featuring wide-plank wood floors, plaster walls, plush area rugs and a variety of different furniture pieces. Perfect for breakfast, meetings, afternoon cocktails or unwinding after a day out sightseeing. Open from 7am until 10pm.
- The Blond – Stylish bar and lounge area with dark wood, low lighting and gold accents. Perfect for evening drinks.
- Le Coucou – French restaurant, a collaboration between Starr & international acclaimed chef/restaurateur Daniel Rose of Spring and La Bourse et La Vie in Paris.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 221 guest rooms + 6 suites
- 24hr room service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Pet friendly hotel
- Concierge services
- KEYPR technology with in-room tablet for ordering hotel services
- Create-your-own minibar featuring products from Conscious Commerce and Thrive Market